Monday, 2 February 2009

Snow - UPDATED EVERY SECOND

A FORMAL announcement was expected from the Prime Minister today over the worsening crisis.

Snow, which David Cameroon had warned about, came literally out of nowhere according to the PM.

Speaking at a press conference he said: "It is clear that mistakes have been made and we did not see the snow coming. I have contacted the cabinet member for snow and he has assured me that the issue will be looked at.

"We should all bear in mind that this is not just a national crisis but a global one. We are no worse affected than those living in Scotland or Australia."

The PM held a joint press conference with the Chinese delegate Mr Wu who confirmed everybody's suspicions.

He said: "There is assuredly snow on the ground. I saw it."

Many people discovered their cars had turned white and others feared trains would ground to a halt after snow was discovered on the tracks.

One commuter who refused to be named said: "I saw snow as I came in and when I got on the platform there was some snow. A train went passed with a bit of snow on it and I caught the train. When I got off there was still snow on the ground. It's disgusting and I'm outraged."

Thanet Mayor Cyril Cake said: "It's definitely snowing and I can confirm that, but at this stage I can confirm I have no comment to make other than confirming it. Margate Old Town is already showing a turn around in fortunes and we will have Turner Contemporary built on time, on budget and on schedule."

You can find up-to-the-minute reports of the snow where you are on our special snow channel available on sky 906 next to the sex channels.

For reaction to how the snow has affected children, who have been seen touching it, see this week's print version of the Express. See how schools coped on the isle when none of them closed because of the flurry.

We will have pictures of people wearing coats, hats and scarves as well as up to the minute reaction to snowball fights and snowman building.

To see a train not moving, a car parked in some snow and one of our reporters literally reporting in the snow watch the 6 o'clock news.

1 comments:

Michael Child said...

If you missed Boris-on the snow-on the BBC, one to see and on par with the above.

Post a Comment